….when you went to public school.
I went to public school all the way through my undergrad, then did a brief and regrettable year in a private grad school (regrettable because the student loans? Oh boy.)
While I do have some “experience,” which is all chalked up to five years on an intense online community, I still can’t quite grasp the boarding school life. So tonight I am composing a list of books that are set at a boarding school. Research, of course….ahem. This research is for my NaNoWriMo novel. This research is definitely going to be easier than reviewing and deciphering insurance policies!
My Ridiculous Boarding School Book List for Research
- Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter (I’m in the 4th of 6 books)
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- The Naturals by Jennifer Barnes
- A Little Princess by Frances Burnett
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Anna and the French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins
Boarding School Books for Re-reading?
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (THERE IS MORE THAN ONE?!)
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (Well, why not.)
- Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger (okay… I should actually finish this one first)
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
I could obviously use as many recommendations as possible. I took a look at Goodreads, and there are 529 books on the best list. So if there are any that I absolutely have to read, please feel free to throw them my way! I’m happy to live in….imaginary plaid skirts for awhile.